An educator with a background in photography and graphic design, I believe the key to growth is leading and learning from others. I offer workshops and mentoring as a means to encourage community.
My goal is to teach photographers how to organize and systemize their processes using proven workflows to get back to the parts of their business they love doing the most. These have not only maximized my client experience but have eliminated hours in front of the computer and have given me more time to do the things I love, like trying out new recipes and exploring all the hiking trails around Arizona.
I pour my entire heart into running this business and taking care of my clients. I am a an advocate of community over competition, and it is my desire to give you the tools necessary to maximize your experience as a professional or amateur photographer. After being in business for over 10 years, I have proven techniques that will grow both your skills and your business. I truly believe that the way to elevate our industry is through fostering the growth and success of my fellow photographers.
Hourly Mentorship: A 100% session fee and signed contract are due at the time of booking. Payment is due in full at least 3 days before mentorship begins.
Full-Day Mentorships: A 50% non-refundable retainer fee and signed contract are due at the time of booking. Payment is due in full 7 days before mentorship begins.
• A DSLR camera
• I recommend having at least one prime lens, i.e. 50mm f/1.8 (but not required)
• You may borrow my lenses during the session if you shoot Canon
• Adobe Lightroom (for post-processing)
• Desire to learn, stretch and grow
• Natural light shooting
• Off-camera flash
• Posing and interacting with clients
• Post-processing workflow (Photo Mechanic & Lightroom)
• Advanced editing techniques (Lightroom & Photoshop)
• Client management system (Dubsado)
• Client communication
• In-person sales
• Equipment and gear
• Camera settings and shooting manual
• Branding and graphic design (Illustrator & InDesign)
• Album design (Smart Albums, Fundy Designer or InDesign)
• Website design (ProPhoto Blog)
• Labs and vendor information
• Starting a new business
• Pricing and marketing
• Accounting (QuickBooks)
• What has worked (and hasn’t worked) for me
• Balancing a business and family time
• ANYTHING else you can think of!
• 2-hour minimum required
• Monday through Friday mornings
• Will take place at my home studio in Tucson, AZ or via video chat
Hourly Mentoring $250/hr
• 8-hours of dedicated instructional time
• Discuss as many or as few topics as you’d like
• 1-hour photoshoot (of any genre you’d like) including models, post-processing, and critique of images
• Lunch included
• Weekdays only (a limited number of Saturdays may be available)
• Will take place at my home studio and surrounding locations in Tucson, AZ (or Kansas City, if I’m in town while visiting family)
• Intermittent follow-up and mentoring afterward
Full-Day Mentoring $2500
Tina started her creative journey as a graphic designer and art major in college, but has always had an interest in creating, whether that be expressed through drawing, painting, or cooking in the kitchen. She prides herself in finding ways to maximize the efficiency of her business workflows and systems to spend her time doing the things she really loves, like hiking with her husband or playing outside with her daughter.
After being in the industry for over 7 years, she has gained recognition in print and online wedding publications such as The Knot, Tucson Bride & Groom, Every Last Detail, The Perfect Palette, Tucson Lifestyle Weddings, EA Bride, and Borrowed & Blue.
As a certified graduate from The International Academy of Wedding Photographers, Tina is proficient in systems of posing couples, post-wedding workflows, and the client experience. Tina has begun her journey of giving back to the local photography community by establishing a thriving women’s photography group, offering one-on-one mentoring, and teaching full-day workshops in Tucson, Arizona.
With her husband’s support and encouragement, Tina averages 12-15 weddings annually and is passionate about spending time with family, working out, hosting dinner parties with friends, and traveling the world!